The Focus Journal is a product created by L’Atelier Coworking Vancouver, where Sabrina Cammas and Matej Rodela started its design process. After observing, researching and experiencing the new work reality of freelancers, contract workers, and solopreneurs they discovered a need for a journal that increases productivity while balancing it with well-being and happiness.
This product wouldn't be possible without the support and feedback from the coworking community at L'Atelier and the 500 genrous backers that supported the projected via kickstarter.
L'Atelier Coworking has partner with Covenant House Vancouver to donate $1 for each journal sold to homeless youth.
- June 10th: Printed 25 booklets which included 1 week worth of Focus Journal entries for testing
- June 12th: Gave 25 booklets to our Focus Group participants to try for at least 10 days
- June 27th: Focus Group Session. Received feeback from test group
- June 28th: Emailed online survey to Focus Group participants
- July 7th: Final Journal Content updated based on feedback
- July 14th: Production ready prototype file completed
- July 18th: Production ready prototype file sent to printing shop (250 pages x 10 prototype journals)
- July 25th: 10 Prototype copies received: 5 in light gray and 5 in dark gray
- August 13th: Filmed kickstarter video
- September 7th: Kickstarter launch + party
- October 7th: Kickstarter campaign ended
- October 30th: Received proofs from the printer
- December 10th: Estimated shipping of journals